Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 5,6,and 7

This weekend I am VERY thankful for rest! But because I did not post yesterday I will give you my thankfulness in order to cover this weekend, as I intend to spend less time on the computer and more time resting.

Friday: I am super thankful for all the cancer survivors, especially my mom. Yesterday our school was a "pit stop" for the 60 day Susan Komen race for the cure. Our students created signs and each took turns standing outside and cheering for the wonderful people who were running to raise money for a cure for breast cancer. It warmed my heart to see so many running, to see my students encouraging them, and also to have a special mom standing with me who fought that fight just last year. This special lady came to pick up her children last year from the after school program I use to be in charge of and she was in tears. She had just came from her doctor's appointment where she found out she had breast cancer. Her husband was away on a business trip and I was the first person she saw since the appointment. She was hear broken; I was heart broken. We hugged and talked, but soon she left with her children and returned home to wait for her husband who left that morning to return because of the news. Yesterday she stood beside me, beautiful, energetic, and ready to live! How awesome is that?

Then of course there is my mom. She noticed a lump, had a doctor confirm her fears, and she told me. At first I didn't know what to think! It was crazy to take that kind of information in about your mother. Luke and I flew to North Carolina to be with her during her surgery. The doctor told us she was in the early stages and it looked good for her. That was good news, but there was a long road ahead of my mom for recovery. I spent the night with her changing her pump, giving her medicine, and grasping a little bit of what she was going through. Then I had to go back to TX, but stayed informed in what she was doing and going through! I do not know first hand what you go through when you have breast cancer, but seeing the moms at school and my own mother go through it, I can say that it is a long hard road and for most the outcome is not life. I praise the Lord for those survivors, their courage, and strength!

Saturday: Today I am thankful for rest! Last weekend Luke and I went to a Cross World conference for missionaries. It was awesome, gave a lot of direction, and exhausting! We drove back and forth from Dallas to Ft.Worth. We did not get home until midnight the first night, up at 6 the next morning to be on time, drove home midday to do the dogs, back to Ft.Worth and home by 11pm. Up early Sunday and did get home about 3 that afternoon. Monday Luke had a night class after working all day and got home about 10. Tuesday after both of us working we had small group, Thursday Luke got home from work at 8:30pm (he left the house at 7am), and by the time yesterday came we were DONE! So I am thankful for rest today.

Sunday: I am thankful for a say dedicated to the Lord and rest! I am thankful for a job where I have the weekends off :) Praise the Lord for the Sabbath!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend :)

No comments: