Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 12, 13, and 14

Friday: I was thankful for my health. As a teacher you got exposed to lots of stuff, I mean like stuff you have never heard of before. When Luke and I went in for another round of blood work on our second pregnancy they told us the list of things they were testing for (mainly diseases). When they called with the result they stated that becuase I am a teacher I have been exposed to just about all of them and therefore have built up my immune system (there is one good reason being around snotty, boogery children) :). The last two weeks I have had one student out with strep and a cold, another out with a stomach bug that had her throwing and diarrhea. Then this week I have two more with a stomach bug and something else, not quite sure what it was, but poor thing was just not feeling well. Last year I was able to not catch the swine flu which was spreading like wild fire at my school. I had a couple in my class, as well as several in my after school program that caught it. So with all this being said I am super thankful for being healthy!

Saturday: Yesterday I am thankful for baby sitting. Luke and I have a lot of things coming up that require lots of extra money that we are not entirely sure where it is going to come from. We have been praying about this and the Lord has given me (Luke comes too) the opportunity to baby sit some pretty cute kiddos, and get extra money! Praise the Lord for His provision!

Sunday: Today I am thankful for the glorious weather! Luke and I went for a long walk yesterday and it was wonderful. The weather has been cool here is Dallas, and I think because of that the leaves are actually turning color! Usually they turn yellow and brown, then fall off the trees (not very exciting when you come form New Hampshire). This morning my stomach woke me up as if I haven't eaten in a week. I got up early ate some breakfast and took the dogs out. It was a beautiful (COLD) morning, walking around with the day just starting and glancing at all the colors on the trees, dew on the grass, and Champ and Riley rolling in the tall grass. Crazy dogs :)

No comments: