Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16

Today I am thankful for my amazing husband! I am really thankful for him all the time, but you know when you have those moments where you just get caught up in the unconditional love? That was me this morning. I got up, got ready, and reviewed in my head what I was going to say for this mornings devotions at school. Every Tuesday the staff gets together and one person gives a devotion. This morning was my turn. I was practicing this morning and feeling a little nervous (when you work with the saints that I do, you feel like they should be feeding you this stuff not the other way around! I was a little intimidated!). Before I left the house Luke and I said our "good bye's" and Luke said "I am praying for you". Now that probably doesn't mean a whole lot to most of you, but it means the world to me!

To be lifted up in prayer is a humbling, and yet amazing thing! To have someone take time out of their lives to think and pray for you is an honor. Luke always takes time for me, make sacrifices for me, and puts me second (God is first). He does so much more, but for the sake of time I will leave you with this: We have been writing letters to our sweet baby and this is my next entry:

My sweet baby,

I have to tell you that you have the most amazing daddy in the world. In his first letter to you he told you about a Heavenly Father whom one day you will learn lots more about, and your daddy acts a lot like your Heavenly Father. I cannot wait to see you in his arms, and see your daddy's face the first time he sees you. He already loves you so much and talks about all the things you two are going to do together, and all the things he is going to teach you. Every morning he says good morning to you and touches my belly, and every night he says good night to you. Some times he puts his face on my belly and talks to you, and makes me laugh. There has been a couple times where he has whispered things to you, but will not tell me what he said. Some day I will ask you about those secrets.

I cannot wait for you to come and meet us! You are already treasured by lots of people, but mostly by your daddy. We are making lots of arrangements for your arrival and daddy is working very hard. We will not be able to give you the world that we want to, but I can promise you this little one; you will have the most amazing dad who will love you no matter what, bring you a long with him, show you how to be a godly man who loves Jesus, and teach you along the way. Just like his daddy taught him. Your Gramps is pretty amazing too! I cannot wait for you to come and meet them.

I cannot wait to find out if you are a boy or a girl. I know daddy is very excited (maybe even a little more excited them mommy). I love you to the moon and back, love mommy

No comments: