Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4

Everyday is a blessing from God, whether it is you being able to spend another day on earth, or something awesome happens, or He provides in miraculous ways. That last one is what I am thankful for today.

The other first grade teacher in my school has been teaching for like 30+ years, and has been at my school for 27 years! She is AMAZING; not one of those teachers that should have retired 10 years ago. There is a gentle spirit among her that just brightens your day no matter what. I have the honor of spending Tuesday afternoons with her to go over lesson plans and upcoming events. We also talk about life and share stories. She has often told me that God works in her life up to the 11:59 clock. Meaning that God provides no matter what, it may seem that it doesn't happen until the very last possible second, but He ALWAYS provides.

The last 6 months (since our first miscarriage) it has seem like Luke and I are barley able to keep our heads above the water. From hospital bills, to life events happening, to starting another school year, and now a baby on the way (which brings new bills). This past week we were faced with yet another unexpected event that we were not too sure what we were going to do about it, but knew that God was going to help us and we can lean on Him to guide us. The event caused for action to take place within this week or it would be good. I was worried, but something inside me knew everything was going to be ok. We discovered this news Monday evening at around 5:00. By 9:00 the next morning the situation resolved itself which there was really no way for that to happen since it seemed to be that phone calls and lots of pleading needed to happen in order to make this ok. God totally stepped in and took care of everything!

I feel guilty not reflecting more often on the amazing things God does for me, but today was one of those days where I just say His hand in everything. It melts my heart to know that I am consumed by His unfailing love. What a blessing beyond words!

No comments: