Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Spa Day

My amazing first grade class gave me a gift certificate to a spa as an end of the year gift! They rock, and might I add that this is the second one that they gave me?!?! Yup...I am spoiled :). I cashed in my spa day yesterday at a spa here in Dallas...it was AMAZING!!! They have a "waterhouse" that has a steam cave, whirlpool, and relaxing sitting area. I enjoyed a drink and the whirlpool before my massage! It was just me, my drink and the whirlpool.... the other people were in the sitting area. It was so nice to just with myself. I have not done that since the week I was miscarriaging and that was not a good time! I sat in the whirlpool chilling and really feeling close to God. We chatted and relaxed and before I knew it, I was being called back for my massage. The 80 minutes of massage was incredible and just got better and better!

There was one point in the massage that really hit my heart. The day that Luke and I found out we were pregnant I was getting a spa pedicure (Which I won from school) with Jenna and the lady put hot towels around my legs and feet. I remember thinking that if I was pregnant this might be too hot, but I did not know for sure until that night :). So when the lady did the same thing yesterday I had the same thought, but then quickly remember that no, I was not. It was not a heart sinking feeling like it has been. It was a cleansing feeling between me and God. I know and feel His presence and I know it is going to be ok.

Yesterday I was pampered and spent the whole day laughing and flirting with my husband :) It was awesome and I loved yesterday :)

No comments: