Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pregnant?!?!?

March 16th I went to Haiti to visit Luke who had been there doing earthquake relief work! Luke was in Haiti for about 2 months, so I was VERY excited to finally get to see him! Luke came back to Dallas a week later, and two weeks after that we found out we were pregnant!! I had been feeling a little "different" and knew something was up! I had the normal signs of pregnancy including spotting as the egg implanted, feeling sore as my hormones started pumping, and TIRED!! I wanted to take a test, but Luke wanted to wait until we were officially "late". The Thursday before I was "late" I begged Luke to let me get a test and he said yes. As I was in the car on the way to trusty walmart I started to freak! What if the test was positive? Negative? I didn't want this to be a depressing event if it was negative, but a "not yet, so we can keep having fun"! So wile walking into he store to get the test and all the way home I was praying. I was feeling quite peaceful if the test were to come out negative. I was relieved almost.

I finally got home, went into the bathroom, took the test, and immediately turned it over so I would not see it. Then I took it to the kitchen, set the timer, and joined Luke on the couch....longest three minutes EVER! When the timer went off I went to turn it off, Luke was still on the couch. I turned the test over and screamed!!! "I AM PREGNANT!!! LUKE WE ARE PREGNANT!!!" Luke just looked at me! I was freaking out because I totally expected the test to be negative! It was positive and we were going to have a baby!!! Now what?!?!!? Luke told me after I calmed down that by my scream he was not sure if my scream was good or bad...I was that surprised!

Now, when we went to the doctor we found out that my body was tricky and I am not as far along as we thought. We are only 6 weeks and 3 days instead of 8 weeks. The doctor said the heart beat looked strong and the baby looked good. We are totally excited!

No comments: