Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update

Well hello there :) I know things have been crazy, but they are starting to iron out a little. School is great! I have a completely different class then I did last year as far as the type of students. They are so much fun, and I am already seeing them grow! It is amazing how fast they grow! The after school program is going well. We have tons of students, and this year we opened it up to the three year old! I know that does not sound like a big deal, but there is a HUGE difference between a four year old and a three year old who has never been to school before.

I do not know if you guys have seen "Daddy Day Care" before but it is great and you should see it! Also, there is a seen in the movie where the Dad's have this one little boy who wears a red flash costume, and no matter what he will not take it off. About half way through the movie the Dad's find the costume laying on the floor and think they have lost the little boy! They run frantically around the house trying to find this little boy when one of the Dad's spot some strange child in the kitchen eating cookies. They realize it is the little boy who use to wear the costume! It is funny. All this to say that we have a little boy in Grace Camp (the after school program) that comes in keeps his bright red back pack on and sits by the door. He tells me over and over again that he is ready to go, and I reply over and over again that I am happy he is all ready, but him mommy is not ready to pick him up. He is sneaky; one time he walked right out of the room towards the door, because he was going to go home! One afternoon someone asked where he was and my friend and I looked at each other then at the door expecting him to be sitting there, but all that was there was his back pack!!!!! You can imagine our feeling as our hearts jumped to our throats with the thought of losing a child! We looked around for maybe a minute, and noticed he was in the middle of the floor playing with the power rangers! He did not have his bright red back pack on and NEVER goes beyond the door, so we were freaking out. Now he is getting better and better at playing with the other children and no longer needs to sit by the door :)

On a fun note, Luke bought me a new car!! I LOVE it! It is a 2001 Toyota Forrunner! I will post pictures later, for now I am going to bed! Good night :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that poor kid just wanted to go home and be with his mommy!! I'm glad he finally came around, he saw how much fun everyone else was having! My my i think Luke spoils you...you deserve it! Make sure you post pics of your new ride! Kiss riley for me! love Michelle