Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Girls

At the end of each school day if we have time and have done all our responsibilities first, then my students get "free time". This has been really fun, and allows the students to enjoy their classroom without all the usual classroom rules. They have fun, and I love playing with them. Today however, was a little different. One of my girls brought in a coloring book, and was so super sweet to share it with the other girls. So they all got out their crayons, grabbed pillows and made a coloring club. They laid out their crayons and organized them into colors and everything. It was cute to watch.

On the other side of the classroom were my seven boys.........and they are all boys! I love them all to pieces, but they are active and competitive. One of the boys threw something across the room and before I knew it all the other boys trampled over girls to find what was thrown. The girls were fine, and no injuries............. so I thought! The girls stood up gave the boys an evil look and began to cry! Yup, cry! The girls were looking at me waiting for me to punish the boys and the boys were looking at the crayons that are now scattered all over the place. I asked the girls if they were hurt, and why they were crying and the reply I got was that they were ok, but there is a blue crayon broken and it was their favorite color! The boys then looked at the girls with a "are you kidding me face" and quickly put the crayons back in order so they could resume playing. This made me laugh, because that is such a boy/girl thing. Luke often looks at me when I am saying how sad something is, or why I am upset over "little" things. Girls are so different (and better) then boys.

Poor girls, they survived free time, and did get a new blue crayon to replace the broken one :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no those boys....what are we gonna do with them? I'm glad you were able to find another blue crayon! Way to save the day Mrs. Perkins!!!! love michelle