Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dogs


It has come to my attention this morning around 6:30am that dogs are really like children! Really, or at least mine are. Riley has been sleeping on the bed with me since Luke is in Haiti. Champ starts out sleeping with me, but right as I fall to sleep he moves to sleeping in front of the front door. I think he is trying to protect me and Riley. Every morning they get up and wake each other up, run around playing tag (seriously, then when one gets the other they turn around and chase the other way), or catch with one of their thousands of toys.

This morning Riley woke up about 6:00am, jumped off the bed and woke Champ up. Then they both came into bed with me for a little while...I think it was around 6:30 they started their chasing game. Then they bounced on the bed licking me and wrestling each other until I got up to take them out to go potty. Once inside they both sit in the kitchen waiting for me to get their dishes, then proceed to follow me to the laundry room (where we keep their food), and watch me scoop out their food. Once I come out of the laundry room they race (usually Champ just lays outside the kitchen until you rub his belly and tell him to go eat breakfast) to the kitchen and eat. Riley is always done first and waits..inching forward....trying to see if today will be the day Champ shares his breakfast with her.....Champ notices Riley inch
ing forward....he lets out a deep small growl! Riley immediately sits back, and tries it again. Champ then looks at her and growls....Riley leaves until she can no longer hear Champ eating, races back to the kitchen, and licks the left overs.

They are now pottied, fed, and napping....yup, dogs are so much like children...I love them :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute story! love michelle