Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crazy Tuesday!!

I have had a five day weekend thanks to the snow. Most people were celebrating over that, I was baby sitting. Thursday I did have a chill out day, then Friday it started.... I had one of my students and her brother over for the weekend as their parents were heading out of town for the weekend. They were going to have the grandparents baby sit, but grandpa got sick so I helped out. On Saturday another student slept over and everyone went home on Sunday. Sunday night I had two different kiddos come over so their parents could enjoy a Valentine's dinner. I was happy to help, and even though it was not relaxing, it was fun! I am so ready for children! Monday was great and relaxing. I had no motivation to do anything, but managed to rearrange the living room and clean. Then Tuesday happened.....

First my lesson plans were all out of whack because of the two days off, then I had to scramble to make all the copies needed, three different folders for each students stuffed, progress reports are due, and my boss was coming in to do a formal evaluation. Oh, and did I mention that at some point I needed to run home and let me dogs out?!?!!? So I was ready to start running; got copies done before students came, progress reports finished during my first break, lunch was in the classrooms (so nothing got done), and then the eval came..... yeah......so the students were crazy because we just had 5 days off, then the school was giving out the carnations that students and parents bought for each other and it is a surprise to see how many flowers and who you got them from. Guess when the carnations got delivered............ DURING MY EVAL!!!!! Of course! I did not think the lesson went that well, but we were to find out at 4 when I had my meeting about the evaluation!

4:00 came...I went into his office and he said "well it wasn't your best day"...... that is not what I needed to get that rock in my stomach to go away. He noticed I was stressed by the day, but my eval was AWESOME!!!! Super encouraging and affirming :) He said I was great at teaching (basically I am great at being a kid and I have a "bubbly" personality) :P

So there you have it. When I got home I realized that my dogs chewed through the child safety locks and had a blast going through the cabinet..... so I cleaned, washed the floor, showered, and about to eat dinner. Happy Tuesday night :)

No comments: