Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Human Body

Ok, so this week we are starting our last science unit!!! We are talking about the human body. This morning we started with playing a game, and then diving into our science books. We got talking about Psalm 139 when we are told that we are "Fearfully and Wonderfully made", and how God knows everything about us. While talking about how there is no one in the world like is, one of my students mentioned a boy in our class who is a twin, and how there are even differences in twins. Well that sparked a question in another student; my response to her question was on the lines of how God starts to form us in when we were in our mom's belly. She replied with the question of why babies have umbilical chords, and so on. We went back and forth and I was getting rather excited over how well I explained everything and made sure to tie it into what we were learning about when one of my boys out of no where raised his hand and said, "mom's have breasts so that babies can drink and get milk". Now this was totally 100% accurate, however, 90% of my students did not know what the word "breasts" meant, and of course that was the only time that they were all paying attention so they all wanted to know what it meant! I was shocked, but kept my composure....I went on to explain how God created men for their jobs and women for theirs. One job for women was to feed and take care of babies because in the old days there were no bottles. Then QUICKLY went on to the next lesson! WHEW! That was close :) So from now on...no discussions in science :) Just kidding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quick thinking becca...i was waiting for u to write ....my students asked "where the baby came out!!!" wheeeeewwww 17 more days of schoollll! cann't wait to see u...love michelle