Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ants

Last summer my balcony had three flower boxes, and a beautiful hanging plant! We went to Haiti and came to back to a very sad looking balcony with lots of brown dead plants :( This summer we are here and I decided to replant all my beautiful flowers! They are so pretty! Lots of purple! I have noticed a lot f red ants around, but didnot think anything of it, except that it is summer, and that brings all kinds of unwanted bugs!

This morning I went to water my beautiful flowers when Luke noticed a bunch of red ants running for their lives out of one of my flower boxes....I then went to get more water to dump in the box, and when I did that goodness....there were tons of ants coming out of every hole! They were every where! Then they were coming out holding their eggs, food, and finally the queen came out! Luke killed her! I couldn't believe it...it was really gross....so now I need to figure out how to keep ants from making their home in my flowers!!!



No comments: