Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mental notes and meat loaf

I had the day off yesterday which was spent on curriculum work and washing the floors in our house. In our apartment I had to wash a little kitchen floor and a couple steps wide hallway. The rest of the apartment was carpet. In our house everything is hardwood floors, or tile except for the bedrooms. This makes for a lot of washing! It took me forever to wash the floors, but after they looked amazing and I was exhausted! Today we went back to school and it was nonstop. When I got home I was so tired I was starting to feel sick, so I chilled in bed for 20 minutes or so. I felt better and had to get going on dinner and making sure the dogs were fed because we had small group tonight. I started making hamburgers and realized that I had a ton of ground beef for hamburgers. I decided that I would make hamburgers for tonight's dinner and then make a meat loaf for tomorrow's dinner. I was excited because that means I didn't have to cook tomorrow (for the record Luke would do all of this if I wanted him to. I am not helpless yet..). :)

I don't know where my energy came from, but by the time I was done cooking I had made a meat loaf, hamburgers, egg salad, potatoes, and even fed the dogs! I was pretty proud of myself. After we got done eating I cleaned up and made a mental note to put the cooling meat loaf pan in the fridge before we left for small group. That was my mental note...ok side note here.... Pregnancy has been a blast! Being sick and throwing up the first 21 weeks was not my favorite, but it was so worth it to know things are going well. I love feeling our little one moving around and cannot wait for her to get here. The part that is really bugging me is the lack of being able to remember mental notes! It is horrible! I can walk into a room and totally forget why I am there. I forget everything! Ok, done with my side note... back to my mental note; after I got everything cleaned up I went to the office and sat with Luke talking about what time we were leaving. We decided to leave then so that we could make a stop before going to small group. We left the house and started on our way.....Did you catch it?!?!? I totally forgot about the meat loaf cooling on the stove!!!

We have a 100 (or so) pound Golden and a 55 pound mutt that LOVES food. They were very excited over the fact that I left them a wonderful snack! That is right, when we got home the meat loaf pan was upside down on the floor completely empty :( I was so upset, because I worked hard at that, yet couldn't blame the dogs for leaving the food out in their reach...My awesome hormones made me cry, and then I realized that there is no use crying over spilled and eaten meat loaf.

So much for mental notes for now :) Maybe after I give birth I will get my mental ability back?!?!?

2 comments:

Lindsay Degnan said...

I've found that I am even more braindead since ruby was born! Its terrible, I forget everything! Hopefully you will get your memory back!

Ames said...

Yes I hate to report you will probably not get your memory back....i thought it was bag preggo but it is WAY worse after having anna!!!!!!! lack of oxygen to your brain is the reason i think??