Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Almost there

In a couple weeks (less then that actually) I will be in my last trimester!! How did that happen?!?! I cannot believe she will be here soon, and Luke and I could not be more excited. We had a surprise baby shower over Christmas break while we were in NH. It was so sweet to get together with our church friends and family and celebrate my sweet little girl. I am proud to say that we got LOTS of clothes so my fear of this baby being naked for the first few months of her life are gone. Although we live in Texas where is gets to a bagillion degrees in the summer so she very well may spend the first few months of her life in just a diaper.

The day that I hit 5 weeks I started feeling incredibly nauseous and it was pretty much that feeling all the time. I didn't actually start getting sick until a few days after that. It was pretty rough at first, but then you just know what is going to set you off and you just stay home and get ready for it. My amazing, wonderful husband would run to the bathroom with me and hold my hair back and rub my back as I threw up the contents of my stomach (sometimes it felt like much more), and as I was about done getting sick he would ask me if it is still worth it.....ABSOLUTELY!! It took some getting use to getting sick so often, but it was so comforting to know that everything was going ok.

It took me 21 weeks to get over the whole "morning" sickness thing, but once I did I started to get nervous about the well being of our little girl. I couldn't feel her kicking or moving yet, and just prayed everything was ok. With each doctor's appointment we were comforted to know that things we going great and the risk of another miscarriage (or still born when you are that far along) had drastically decreased.

Christmas Eve Luke and I were standing in church singing when I felt the biggest movement ever from our little girl! I knew that if I was looking at my stomach I would have seen it move. I told Luke who immediately put his hand on my belly and kept it there. I wasn't sure she would move again, but she did! She did it again a couple times and Luke could feel it too! It was so neat! That following Sunday I was sitting in church and felt her move again where I looked down and could actually see my belly move where she was kicking! I poked Luke who actually saw it too! It was awesome. So now that I can feel and see her moving I am a little bit more comforted that our sweet girl is doing fine and getting stronger so that in three months and two weeks we can kiss her sweet little face :)

No comments: