Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Laughter

Ok so this past week has been a week of parties! We celebrated the 100th day of school, and the students also had a party in Library because they have read so many book this year. Both parties were so much fun, and I realized something that I had been missing.....laughter.......!!!! Some times it is hard to do something to make the students laugh because it causes them too lose focus and become stuck on laughing for a good period of the day. First graders are wonderful, but get side tracked all the time :). Well anyway during the 100th day of school we made glasses out of construction paper. The students thought that these were the coolest thing and so they wanted to wear them all day. I said they could, and I myself even wore a pair. We wore them during reading and also while we did our worksheets. The students thought they were awesome, and occasionaly a teacher would pop in and say how great they looked! They were awesome :) We had so much fun. Then they had their library party and even thought it was not the 100th day of school anymore they still insisted on wearing their glasses. So they did :) On Friday they have their test day and then in the afternoon we usually do show and tell, then some free time. They were sooooooo good this week, that I decided to let them have a little bit more free time then usual. While they were having fun, I would notice some of them getting out of line and doing thins they are not aloud to do.....I think it is so funny when they are doing something wrong because they look oer at me so many times too see of I am watching (which I am even though I am not looking directly at them), so when I tell them to stop they ask me how I knew they were doing that...hhmm.... :) Anyway with those few they were doing something they should not be, I would look at them and give them my mean eyes!!!! Now my mean eyes are pretty scary! Of course when the students see them, they fix their behavior and then laugh :) It was great....all Friday afternoon I was shooting these looks and the students would straighten right up, laugh, and continue on with what they were playing :) I think everyone needs to laugh more!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! Miss you guys!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'M SO HAPPY YOU HAVE SUCH A GREAT GROUP OF CHILDREN! IT'S AWESOME THAT THEY HAVE A WONDERFUL TEACHER TOO! KEEP ON LAUGHING!!!
LOVE MICHELLE

Anonymous said...

The eyes, oh yes, the eyes!!