Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

20 Years

So this week my class time has been consumed with making all the Thanksgiving crafts you can think of! One of our activities was to color a leaf and tell what you are thankful for. When we do these activities, I also do them! They are so much fun, and I love to color. I sit with the students and we all color, talk, laugh, and make a mess!

When it came for us to write down what we were thankful for; my students looked at me and asked me how I learned to write so fast! I was laughing and told them that I have had a lot of years of practice. They then asked me how much practice....I had to think......and then came up with the number 20. I told them I have been writing for about 20 years...they all said "wow! Mrs. Perkins, you are old"! They kept talking about it for a few more minutes and I went back to my desk trying to process how old I really am :( . Sad day for Mrs. Perkins!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you old bag!!! Mid 20's isn't that bad! You'll remember this when your 50 think back and say man i wish i was 25 again! love u michelle

Anonymous said...

20 years and you're still using crayons...